The first night of being a musical widow ... again!
This afternoon I met Cameron at Garden City and swapped the car so that he could trek down to Beenleigh. Those of you lucky enough to see Cameron's last show would remember the main street (usefully named, Main Street) and the Court house. At least that's what stands out in my memory ...
Partly in punishment, partly because I love shopping, I did make Cameron tour around David Jones before I would leave. As always, the shoes and bags were visited, as well as the underwear, "trendy" girl clothes and, for a change, the "trendy" boys clothes. Some memorable ideas: a Peter Alexander nightie (take a look, it's not practical) and how about some "house" shoes???
Could have been very expensive, especially given that it is pay day, but I held out. That's a good thing for those members of my immediate family who don't have christmas presents yet - AJ, you're in luck.
However, one of the many nice things about being at mum and dad's (apart from not having to cook or clean up) is that they get great junk mail. I think it's because they live in suburbia. Now, most of you would be aware that I never plan to live in a house (that include if and when I may decide to procreate) so suburbia is something I will never experience (again). It's kind of like living in Jimboomba in that respect - It's been done, and now if it would quietly go away and not bother me anymore, I would be more than grateful and live happily ever after.
The presense of junk mail has inspired me to list yet more things for people to buy me this holiday season. Now, if you are thinking, "But I have already got her something?!" never fear. I accept presents all year round, and will happily invent occasions if necessary. Anyone who has experienced the birthday reminders (which start in March, continuing until about 2 days before my birthday) will know just how much I like presents. Have I mentioned I like presents??
So here are some practical ideas - listed with price and store for a stress-free christmas experience.
House and Garden S&P Stainless steel oil lamps $29.95
Big W (no, your browser has not malfunctioned) 400 count egyption count cotton sheet set $88 (on sale 11 Dec, be quick for these, I think that's the cost of a Sheridan pillowcase in the style I want ...)
The Warehouse Nostalgia & Retro scrapbooking kits $5.99
Ted's Camera House Panasonic Lumix FZ20 (5mp, 12 optical zoom) $999.95 (Cameron insists that we don't need 5 megapixels, but at this juncture I would like to point out that we don't NEED new cable, and the camera represents 5 metres of cable ... how much do we have again??)
Happy shopping!

1 Comments:
Picture soon!! I'm working my way up to html again ... I was scared in first year. I guess you could draw a parallel withe tequilla ...
Post a Comment
<< Home