It's official!
Last night I was awarded my PhD - it was a fabulous experience. Cameron will attest to the fact I was irrationally nervous - but I didn't trip on stage or generally do anything embarrassing. The highlights for me were:
- my parents in full academic dress. They looked so cool - there needs to be more reason to wear robes. It did confuse the people at the ceremony, but probably not as much as mum or dad following the offical instructions to join in the graduand seating.
- the lovely present that cameron got me - I'm sure you will see it soon!!
- the student who kissed the dean (but he asked first, not sure the girl did ...)
- Ian Lowe's keynote - he was very good, and did it all with a single note card. Very impressive
- the 'No Dam'a protest - although I didn't see it, I'm assured that everyone else did!
Pictures as soon as they are available!

1 Comments:
Congratulations.
Looking forward to pictures.
~And
Post a Comment
<< Home