Nose bleeds
I am typing this one-handed as my nose has decided to bleed again. Honestly, this is not one of the pregnancy side effects I expected. Or one that's much fun. The REALLY annoying thing is that I never get a nose bleed without a stuffy nose - so I need to sneeze and can't. Plus you can't do ANYTHING while trying to get the bleed to stop. I even had to stop blogging after the first two sentences. It was taking so long to type ....
Apparently nose bleeds are very common dring pregnancy. Has to do with the increased blood flow and progesterone making capillaries in the nasal skin relax and dilate. Clincal but for someone who's never had a nose bleed before, doesn't really capture the horror of normal sneezing turning into a multi-tissue extravaganza.
Still, only another 5 months to go ... perhaps they will go away soon?

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home