Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Car comparisons

Having driven both Minx and the C4 in the last week, I think it's only fair that there is a comparison of the two cars. I shall compare and contrast.

Both are easy to drive, although for different reasons. Minx is direct, simple and well connected to the road. Because there is lots of feedback, you always know what's needed - gear changes, more acceleration/braking.

In contrast, the C4 is almost a cocoon protecting you from the road, with a range of electronic toys to help you smooth the ride. Bumps are smooth, noise is minimal and the speed limiter stops you from breaking the limit.

It is nice having a back seat in the C4 - certainly makes it easier to shop for larger things. Still, Minx is the classic wind-in-your-hair, I don't care what tomorrow brings car. In an ideal world, we would keep both. However, Paris's arrival will limit options for us enjoying the Mx together. And I think a small child will enjoy the smooth rather than bumpy ride.

So, anyone want to buy a red Mx5?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home