Tuesday, December 21, 2004

More books ... All Andrew's fault!

Andrew has just been over talking about wanting to read more books. It's rekindled my interest in some of my favorite novels: One hundred years of solitude by Gabriel Garcia Marquez, The Children of Men by PD James and Jack Vance novels.

Most of my Jack Vance reading has been thanks to Sue Nielsen, whose collection I devoured last year. I finally finished the Araminta Station novels, and discovered Cugel. Alas! When I thought of revisiting them, I realised I don't own them! So here is my Jack Vance wish list:

The Killing Machine (vol. 2 of the demon prince novels)
The Face and The Book of Dreams (also demon prince novels)
Ecce and Old Earth (Book 2 of the Cadwal chronicals)
Planet of Adventure : City of the Chasch/Servants of the Wankh/the Dirdir/the Pnume
Ports of Call
The Eyes of the oerworld, Cugel's Saga and Rhialto the Marvellous

Argh! And anything else he has written!!

Oh, and that leads me to the Ender Saga - I'd love a copy of Ender's game.

Damn working!! To spend 3 weeks reading ....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home