But Why?
Today I am beating Cameron to a tech post.
So, on Tuesday Microsoft released a Mac-specific desktop. Apparently, this will
“This launch further demonstrates Microsoft’s commitment to enhancing the computing experience for Mac users”. (too lazy to google? The story is here.
The thing I don't get is why. How many mac users want this product? How can it possibly help Microsoft in its quest for domination - when people have to buy it in addition to the very lovely Apple machines? And why would you use it, even if it is cheap? Don't get me wrong, I still use windows for a few things at home - namely picasa because despite the cries of the Apple faithful, I just *can't* get my head around iPhoto.
I just don't understand. Maybe I'm missing a key element of Microsoft's strategy or understanding of the psych of Mac users, but I just don't see it selling.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home