Thursday, January 13, 2005

chi-chi-chi-chi Ethical Dilemmas

First of all I need to make a few things clear.

A) This post is rated MA due to adult themes.
B) I am entirely pro-breasts (let's face it, I need to be).
C) Names have been changed to protect the not-so-innocent.
D) I make no promises not to rant in certain parts of this blog

Here's my dilemma, otherwise entitled, how can you tell someone you don't like seeing their breasts because they refuse to wear a bra?

I understand not wanting to wear bras. No-one really likes them, except men. And that's only because normally when they see them, they know they will be seeing something else. But there are certain times when bras are a necessity, not a choice. That's why there are so many available, from the puny little 8AA to things that look like you could camp under with a family of 5. There's lace, there's mesh, there's leather if you are that way inclined. The range available just goes to show how hard manufacturers are working to make a bra for every situation.

For example, sheer tops. Soccer. Most of us deal with these by just wearing a bra. But certain not-so-innocents don't. And so their nipples are inflicted on the unsuspecting world. The solution is simple. Clear covers. You can buy them at David Jones. That's how acceptable they are.

To make matters worse, some other not-so-innocents will insist on wearing tops that require breasts, when they really only have nipples (that they may or may not be inflicting on the world without appropriate precautions). Again, a bra would make this quite acceptable. But no. Instead every forward movement leads to hasty movement of eyes away from the now very-obviously inadequate breasts to fill the top. Luckily, the solution is again simple. Hollywood tape. Or, shock horror, a bra. No really.

So now the rant is over, here is the dilemma. When is it appropriate to buy aformentioned items (bras, nipple covers and hollywood tape), and leave them discreetly for the not-so-innocent to find? Is it ever appropriate? Any advice appreciated.

I have to say I just don't understand. Why would you want everyone to see that you really are flat chested? Don't get me wrong, I'd love to get my cleavage from strapping on some chicken fillets and taping them in place, or putting on a pushup bra. It would make the sport I play so much easier! But I'm not sure that I would so blase about not having anything that I would just let the world see.

"Come on down, Contestant #3. From those nipples it's obvious that you will be spending your winnings on a boob job . Just turn sideways one more time for the camera, we want a shot that goes through both sides to show just how flat you are dear".

Wear a bra, or get some nipple covers and hollywood tape. 'nuff said. It's cheap AND easy. Coincidence? I think not.

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Look it's my choice not to wear a bra and that's something you're just going to have to live with!

8:31 am  
Blogger Vanessa said...

It's ok Cameron, I know you have the hollywood tape at home :)

7:26 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home