Monday, August 29, 2005

Winners!

My soccer team won its semi-final yesterday. It certainly wasn't an easy match; it was 1-1 at full time, still 1-1 at the end of extra time, and we won thanks to our goalie saving one penalty, 5-3.

However, 120 minutes of soccer does leave you rather exhausted. Today my legs are really sore; my knee is sore; and I am extremely tired. Still, it was worth it all!

Part of the win is so good because I scored a penalty during the shoot out :) The only other time that I have taken a penalty I missed, so I was extremely nervous when taking the shot on sunday. However, I stuck to what I'd practiced; look at the ground (since the goals and ball are always in the same spot), walk back on a 45% angle, aim for bottom LH corner. Simple and effective.

We now have a weekend off before the Grand Final. Go Annerley!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home