Favourite Books
The challenge was set, so here are some of my favourite books. The criteria I have used are that I go back to these books time and time again, and enjoy them just as much as the first time I read them.
No particular order here :)
Palace - Katharine Kerr and Mark Kreighbaum
The Children of Men - PD James
The Secret Staircase - Jill Barklam
Araminta Station - Jack Vance
The Rowan - Anne McCaffrey
The Secret Garden - Frances Hodge Burnett
100 Years of Solitude - Gabriel Garcia Marquez
Witches Abroad - Terry Pratchett
The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy - Douglas Adams
Enders Game - Orson Scott Card
Obernewtyn - Isobelle Carmody
Howl's Moving Castle - Dianna Wynne Jones
Winne the Pooh - AA Milne
Calvin and Hobbes - Bill Watterson
The Belgariad - David Eddings
Across the Nightingale Floor - Lian Hearn
Oh, and where the wild things are - I feel just like Max at the moment!!
On a related note, we are reading Margaret Atwood's The Blind Assassin for book club at the moment. I'm finding it a little depressing and confusing. It's huge, so that doens't help, and I just feel detatched from the story ... it's a story within a story and it's just all too much. But I will continue ...

1 Comments:
> The challenge was set
I will answer on my blog with my list
> The criteria I have used are that I go back to these books time and time again, and enjoy them just as much as the first time I read them.
Good criteria
It is good to see that I have read several of your favourite books.
These include:
>The Rowan - Anne McCaffrey
>Witches Abroad - Terry Pratchett
>The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy - Douglas Adams
>The Belgariad - David Eddings
Anne McCaffrey, Terry Pratchett, and Douglas Adams are definitely some of my favourite authors.
Being a Librarian, and having worked in a public library for many years, I have been exposed to more books than you I think. ( I wont mention the extra years of opportunity to read)
My collection at home I try to keep down to about 2,000 books or less. Your criteria are good - many of these I have read several times.
Well now that you have picked up the challenge - off to my bookshelves to review my list for my blog.
"You may have tangible wealth untold.
Caskets of jewels and coffers of gold.
Richer than I you can never be –
I had a mother who read to me."
— Strickland Gillilan
My mother was a Librarian!
~And
Post a Comment
<< Home