My nano feels rejected
Cameron got a blue nano today. It's bigger but lacks soul, and obviously isn't as cool - it's blue. Still, he's using it to record the backing for his singing (yes, that the whole justification) so it's more functional than my artistic nano.
Other generic updates - having a tupperware party, let me know if you want to come. Went the craft show, got some great stuff ... it's all on the kitchen table now, although I have made one thing (a big 'C' on a canvas). Emily tried to kill me at the gym tonight, but I made it through relatively unscathed. I have to be at work tomorrow at 730 - ouch - it's going to be hard.
Something interesting I read last week
- If you're an IT employer, is it really that hard to find someone with SAP or .NET skills, or is it the business acumen that needs to go with them that applicants generally lack? -- Steven Deare, ZDNet Australia
I get cranky with ppl who *can't* find the right ppl for jobs - and I think the statement above shows just why it's sometimes so hard. You won't ever find the complete package - you can have all the tech skills, and lose some business skills or you get the business skills and train the tech skills. Considering that most tech courses are less than 4K, I think missing the tech skills might be the cheaper choice in the long run ...
I've also decided over the last week to never read Caroline Overington's blog / column in the Australian again. She makes me upset ... the idea that a mother's time with her children is irreplacable and *must* rise above everything else ... grr ... what about the fathers?? If single and same sex parents are that bad, surely the focusing FEMALE attention on young chlidren in the mother stereotype is a terrible idea???
*end rant*

2 Comments:
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Oh no. Poor Cameron.
Your taking up painting I see. It starts with the big "C" on the canvas but soon it will be landscapes etc.
Soon you will be going to art supply shops on a regular basis to support your habit.
Cameron will find himself all alone as you start painting canvas after canvas.
Seen it all before - thats how it starts :-)
Post a Comment
<< Home