Thursday, January 24, 2008

Random ramblings on a Thursday night at the airport ...

You know that you have been at the airport for too long when you have a parking strategy that balances distances to the terminal and the exit. Sadly, this is me.

Tonight I am blogging from outside the Virgin Blue room. I was early to get Cameron from the airport and now I have 15 minutes to kill. It would be ok, but I can't figure out how to reduce the browser font and access is a little slow. Still, it's better than watching whatever is on TV behind me.

It feels like a Friday today, although I know it isn't. I think it's because Cameron is coming home and tomorrow at work is guaranteed to be quiet, since all the part timers take Friday off, and two of the full timers have tomorrow off just for good measure.

In a tangent, when I decide to work part time I will have Wednesdays off. This way it's never more that 2 work days before a holiday. Plus, it takes full advantage of public holidays (i.e. I would get most of them).

This weekend I think that cameron and I will head out to the movies at least once. We have Gold Class tickets, which I feel we should use, but we may end up in cattle class, because none of the movies I want to see are on in Gold Class. Sigh. What can you do?

Also, I think we will be going out for breakfast on Saturday. If you would like to join us, let me know.

Oh, this week saw a return to soccer training. It was every bit as hard as I suspected it would be. The running was difficult enough, but then the pivoting - my knee complained. Of course, it does that after the start of every season so its nothing new. On Wednesday I backed up with a new personal trainer who could probably give Gillian (from the biggest loser) a run for her money. I hurt even more after that. I think that staying with Simon will lead to results, if I don't die. However dying does seem a possibility.

In other wanderings, what do you do with old jigsaws? I have heaps, and I want them to go to a good home, but how does one find one? Doesn't help that they are all 1000+ pieces I guess ...

Ok, I think Cameron's flight is down now ... it's been lovely, but Brisbane Airport - it's time to leave.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home