Saturday, July 26, 2008

How long do you think that is?

We have been to ikea today. 

In preparation, we borrowed the musso from Ken and Ann, knowing full well that a bed and two sets of drawers are unlikely to fit in the C4. This was fine until we remembered that we wanted a mirror as well, and then found out the headboards to match the bed were in stock for the first time in three months. 

Still, I hear you say, this doesn't sound so bad. 

Well. The headboards are 2.4m long. Yes, 2.4m. The musso cabin is about 2.5m long. The mirror is 2m long (and glass). Wisely it turns out, we decided to load the headboards and the mirror in the car before going back for the bed and drawers. Because I nearly was staying at ikea for the morning. I managed to fit in the musso behind Cameron, although Cameron couldn't really see anything behind us. We called in Cameron's parents for assistance (there was no way Cameron was getting everything into the house on his own). 

However, we planned a route home that was all right merging and left Logan. All was well until the Story Bridge, where one lane was closed. Still, we made it thru and then reached Chermside St to find NO carparks. So I went inside, got the C4 out and Cameron moved the musso in. The C4 is currently parked somewhere down the road. 

Ken and Ann arrived and have helped Cameron bring everything upstairs. I took photos of the old bedroom and hopefully tomorrow Cameron will be able to post photos of the new bedroom. 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home