Sunday, July 05, 2009

Tasmania - Day 1

The plane trip was uneventful. I didn't start off with a spare seat next to me, but none of the red seats had been taken and the air hostesses moved the man next to me once they realised we weren't travelling together. Once we had another seat, Zachary could spread out and had lots of fun looking at everyone. He even went and said hello to the hostesses without me for 10 minutes, which gave me a lovely break.

Hobart was cold but not as terrible as it could have been. It was a little rainy but we managed the dash to the terminal without incident. Mum and Dad were waiting for us, and helped me get my bags. While I was waiting to change the little one, his nappy reached capacity, soaking his clothes. Of course I didn't have a change handy, as I had just taken in his nappy and wipes, but we quickly found some clothes and headed outside.

The afternoon was uneventful, but nice. Zachary explored the lounge room while we watched and laughed. He had a short nap but that just recharged his batteries so that bed time became 10pm. Thankfully we have a heater in our room, and both slept well.

I really missed Cameron when Zachary woke up, because I had to get up too. But that's the next post ...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home