Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Book club - The Pilot's Wife

The last few book club books I haven't enjoyed. I have to admit an impatience with some literature - I don't think that being meaningful should equate with long, heavy and drawn out. The last few books we have read have been that way, so it was a relief to read The Pilot's Wife.

I really enjoyed this book. It knew what message it wanted to send; it delivered; and it tied up enough loose ends that you felt ok at the end, but not like Disney had produced it. My only critisicsm would be the initial pace of the book; it was a little slow but by the end I was completely sucked in.

A solid novel; not OMG like 100 Years of Solitude is still each time I read it, but a similar book (for me at least) to Enders Game , and one that I will keep coming back to over the years.

1 Comments:

Blogger Andrew said...

Out of interest - what percentage of books on the book club list do you enjoy?

I have wondered about book clubs and what people get out of them.

Care to comment?

10:53 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home