Weekend market shopping
This weekend we went to two different craft markets. Ideally I hoped to finish my Christmas shopping, but I would suggest that I was only 50% successful.
On Saturday we went to the Design Market at GoMA with Amanda and Tomas. When we were in Melbourne earlier this year we went to a similar market and it was excellent, so were inspired to give this one a go. The brisbane version was smaller, and MUCH hotter! However there was some good stuff there - I got two lovely teacups from a local ceramic artist Simon Suckling, and Cameron bought me a bracelet for Christmas. We were also tempted by some lovely cushions (and I was by some handbags) by Audrey and Rose - but the lack of any electronic payment facilities saved our bank account. Red Chalk also had some great kids clothes but nothing small enough for our boy.
Other products there that caught my eye included liana kabel and girls made this (jewellery), and udder and flying star toys (soft toys),
On Sunday we went to the Designers Emporium market at Everton Park. There the stokke drew many admirers and comments. It was a really nice small market where we ordered gluten-free christmas cake, bought some cool silicone forms, got Ken a christmas present from Mango Wednesday Ceramics and bought Zachary some very cool clothes from Billy Bobbins.
Again it was horribly hot so we headed home for the airconditioned comfort of studio 54. Overall a great weekend of craft shopping even if we didn't get everything we wanted!

1 Comments:
well done on the Christmas shopping. I am still a long way off with mine.
Post a Comment
<< Home