Random Web Wanderings
Cameron sent me a link to temperature regulating clothing for babies. I did think it was clothes for me, given my propensity to be cold all the time. I do agree with the author that it would take some of the stress away from having a newborn, although really it probably just postpones the worry until they grow out of the clothes.
Cameron and I realised the other day just how far we have come as parents when Zachary was crying and we continued our lives around the noise. 2 months ago we would have been all hands on calming him down. Now, if he's fed, clean and warm we pretty much just accept that sometimes he cries. Doesn't sound much but is a big step.
In other news, Mum and Dad have gone home. It was great having them here and they obviously enjoyed seeing Zachary. It did make me a little lazy though - and once Cameron goes back to work it will be a little bit of a shock.
I was reading news.com.au yesterday, and noticed that there is a push by Fred Nile (who else) to ban topless bathing on mainstream beaches. I think this is silly, but the part of the story that really caught my attention was this:
Labor MP Paul Gibson said topless women made people feel uncomfortable.
"If you're on the beach do you want somebody with big knockers next to you when you're there with the kids," he said.
Umm, sorry? Surely this is a no-brainer explaination.
Child: Daddy, that lady has big breasts.
Parent: Yes dear. (surely this question is no different to thousands asked by children every day).
Child: Why doesn't that lady have a top on?
Parent: Different people wear different clothes to the beach.
Child: Why do you wear a top then?
Parent: Because I want to.
Done.
The comment from Paul Gibson says more about his discomfort than his kids. Has he seen billboards lately? And honestly I'd rather see real breasts on beaches than the stylised, unrealistic images used in advertising.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home