Friday, December 19, 2008

Vaccines and loft beds

Yesterday Zachary got his 2 month vaccination shots. Everyone warned me how horrible it would be, so I was reasonably prepared for the distress both of us would feel. When he was born, they gave him his shots in the hope that he would start breathing (he didn't, stubborn child) so I suspected that he may take to needles more like me than Cameron (resignation versus great dislike, or one step from petrified).

I think I was right. He did scream but I calmed him pretty easily. This was the hardest part, because there were two needles he needed, and I knew I was just calming him down to be hurt again. So after a cuddle and lots of reassuring "it's alright", it wasn't - there was another needle.

He was pretty narky last night, understandably. He did manage to calm himself to sleep though, and once he dropped off he stayed down for 6 hours. I think that was more to do with being sleepy from the vaccines than anything else. He didn't move all night, which is hugely unusual for him. Good news is that this morning he is already starting to go sideways so

In other news, I found the bed that I want to get Zachary once he is older - the AMBER in the SKY. The fact it is 2100 euro is a little bit of a barrier but I've got time to work out a strategy. In fact, I love everything from this site and the fact that they ship to Australia is a huge bonus. Cameron has pointed out that the IKEA Kura bed is very similar, but it's just not the same. Plus delivery is only 260 euros ...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home